9.15.2008

Europe

So wild shit has been happening and I have been making moves all over the world and through different time zones for the past seven days. The last time I updated this, it was right before I left so here is a large update of what has been going on! The flight from Boston to London was not that bad.

I took a bunch of pills that were intended for motion sickness, and they make you drowsy but I also drank a little bit too so I was stuck in this weird state of not being able to fall asleep. We finally landed and I was stoked. We got to our hotel and then I instantly went and got some food with this dude named Andrew Paul. He is from Seattle and goes to school in Southern California. That was awesome. That night, we had a welcome drink and then I drank WAY to much and all kinds of funny stuff happened. The day after we did a lot of walking tours and a bus tour of London and I saw all kinds of tourist stuff. At night, we went to some bar called The Swan and that was a great time. Fast forward to the last day in London and we packed up our shit and were off to Munich, Germany. The flight was shaky, but we made it and that is all that matters. I think I had a heart attack during some turbulence.


We stayed in Munich only for 1 1/2 days, and it felt like forever. The last night in Munich, we went to two different Biergardens, where for about 2 Euro you can get a huge liter of beer which is pretty delicious. After going to one Biergarden, we just kept going to more. This ended up with a very interesting tale, ending up in me losing my passport and a bunch of other stuff in the hotel lobby, but all was returned. Some time between the first two Biergardens I either dropped my wallet or was pickpocketed along the way. Either way I got my shit back and that rules. The next morning waking up in Munich sucked a lot because I had to scramble all of my shit together to catch the bus to Prague. I got all packed up and hauled down the German countryside for about 6 hours and we finally arrived in our dorm.

I live in this strange 1970's Communist Style building where everything is broken and no one speaks English. The first night here in Prague we went out to Old Town and got some awesome pizza, then we went and visited bars all over and everyone spent about 30 dollars for so many beers and a good time. Beer here is about 25 ck-, which is under two dollars and is cheaper than most water anywhere. The last week has been so surreal that everything is blending together. The second night, a friend I have made here, Holly and I were invited to drink with these old German dudes who work for that thing in Spain called Carnivale. And, just three nights ago a group of us where at this other bar that translates into "The Mary Jane." A man there was celebrating the birth of his kid. I am also pretty sure that two of my friends, that one of this guy's friends were trying to sell us a prostitute. In Prague things get REAL weird!

Here are a few random pictures, its almost 3 AM and I am exhausted.




No comments: