9.28.2008

Budapestin' Update

So I figured now that my classes are about to start I will conclude the last few days in just getting really fucked up. There have been a laundry list of ridiculous experiences in Prague, but recently I spent two days in Budapest. It was a really one of a kind thing because Ryan, Will and I invited ourselves to an already planned trip to Budapest. We ended up buying tickets in this non-sleeper car, with two smelly, old, and fat Czech women. Not only did they smell awful, they got pissed for us opening up the window. We got to Budapest around 8:30 or so and then headed to find our hostel, we ended up staying at this place.

As soon as we unpacked we hit the town and saw a lot of shit at once. The best part was going to this square where this band was playing, and because I have no idea how to say anything Hungarian we didn't realize that the band was playing because it was a Neo-Communism rally. I guess the Hungarian primeminister or president was caught lying about a lot of stuff, so people reacted. There were several different rallies that night and we saw a lot of people get pepper sprayed. That was the most welcome I have ever felt in another country. We explored more of the city, and by the time we made it to the baths I was exhausted so I went to go back to the hostel, I ended up getting real lost and found this awesome bar called Kuplung. I started drinking at this place because the whiskey was extremely cheap. I decided I should nap hard before we hit the town, so I did. After everyone got back to the hostel, we went back to that bar I orginally found and it was so awesome. After that, however we went to this really lame bar full of guidos and travelers. I met some people, but ended up paying a ridiculous amount for booze. After we left there, Will and I decided we needed to go somewhere else. After a lot of whiskey, when you are trying to get anywhere it is quite a task. Hungarian women are great too, but you have to realize the amount of whiskey that was drank and we forgot we were in Budapest so we started speaking very broken Czech to people who couldn't understand it. We ended up in some weird hookah bar, that was owned and ran by this little midget. It was quite the experience. We ended up back at the hostel around 4:30 or 5:30 in the morning and Ryan was not to impressed. The day after, we did a lot more sightseeing...and ate a ton of flafel. We walked across the chain bridge and saw the Citadel. The architecture in Budapest would almost beat Prague if the city hadn't been destroyed. The train ride back from Budapest was a lot better, because we had bottles of Rohan and a lot of bad stories. We finally got back into Prague around 3 AM and then back to our dorms by 4 AM. Budapest was VERY wild. This past week has been wild as well, specifically the time spent at the Cross Club. Its full of drugged out Europeans and people who called me a yankee. I miss burritos.

No comments: