11.06.2008

400 years in the making, coughing up blood, and multivitamin juice




The last few days since my return from the Balkans have been interesting. First and foremost, Obama was elected President, "the first black President" in American history. I think this is a great step, seeing as I voted for him to win anyway...but its time to officially stop seeing the world in white and black. We watched the election at The Globe, which is a book store run by Expats here in Prague. It was full of beer-drinking Americans who every time Obama won a state everyone would errupt into this chilling appaulse. I loved it, although at one point I did take a quick nap, because if you don't understand it was not until 6:30 Wednesday morning that we found out the best news in the last 8 Years. After returning from The Globe, I had began to cough up blood. I contracted a viral infection, and it was making my cough so deep and hard that it was breaking blood vessels in my lungs and throat. Basically, I am not dying but it sucks. I went to the doctors and he gave me a bunch of antibotics. I took some of them and slept from 9:00 PM until 7:00 AM this morning, its now quarter to 10 and I somehow need to get myself ready for my class today. I have a note to miss, but I think I am just going to trudge it out because I was missing last week due to my Balkans adventure.

No comments: